• In the Spotlight:

When your baby kicks, and someone - other then you puts their hand on your bump, does the baby stop kicking?

So far, my baby boy has been constant at kicking. I LOVE IT. But, whenever my partner touches my bump. He immediatley stops. BUT, when i touch mu bump so i can feel it in both ways he continues?

Is he already a mummys boy? Does you unborn do this?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• :) We figured out a way to trick our son. Every morning I get him to put his hands on my belly when I roll over on my back. He gets to feel him kicking and squrming to get comfortable in the new position. He still refuses to kick for anyone else, though. Oh, except for the techs. He tries to kick the probe thingies out of their hands, and the doppler mic out of the drs. :) I love my minature ninja.

Good luck! Once your DH actually gets to feel it, it will mean the world to him more so because it's been such a long time coming!!!
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Ha ha yes my DD used to do that all the time when I was pregnant. My DH hated it!
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yeah. My poor guy gets so upset. I will sit up and go "He's kicking!" and he will dive over and put his hand on my bump and my baby boy will just stop. I feel so bad about it. Though, he felt better today when my stepmum touched my bump and he didn;t kick for her.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• hahaha, My boy is the same way!!! He kicks like a crazy baby and as soon as I tell my mom, or sister, or even his father, its like he stops midkick and is like... Im not stupid ma!!! Lol he just luvs me more!! hehehe
    Anonymous

• I like to think he knows who his mama is!
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• my first used too do that too my dad all the time i told him thats what you get for calling her a boy lol as for this little one now it seems too be the only time she will kick its one of those do not touch me get off things lol
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 9:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Unborns are such teases. haha
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• LOL my daughter does that. She refuses to kick anyone but me and I feel bad sometimes because everyone wants to feel her.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 9:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH MY DD, MY BROTHER, WHOM I AM EXTREMELY CLOSE TO PUT HIS HAND ON MY BELLY AND SHE KICKED SO HARD SO FREAKING HARD. IT WAS REALLY NEAT ITS LIKE SHE KNEW IT WAS HIM. SHES 2 AND A HALF AND LOVES HIM SO MUCH THEY ARE SO CLOSE.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 1:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my baby boy all ways kicks for me but when i tell my mom its kicking she puts her hand on my belly and he stops she never gets to feel him its funny.
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009