Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My mother inlaw is so controling of are lives we anrt married just ye but all she dose is put me down going in my home yelling at telling me she is going to take my kids away . she's a nut job . What do I do I'v asked him to tell her to butt out and not to come over if she is just going to pull her bull infront of are kids and he just says you two need to work things out. I had to move out of my home because of her yelling at me the other day she's a crzy ass lady . I mean dud she told me I have satin in me and I was evil and that
God was going to take my baby away from me> Ahhhh ! he wants get help but if we do how will it help I dont want to be around her . I know a lot of have or have had a monster inlaw what do you think?


Asked by meg87 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • This rings an alarm bell with me. It isn't up to you to get her to stop, this is for your boyfriend. She is his mother and he should be the one to deal with her and "to work things out." If he isn't doing what he can to help and to protect you from her craziness, then it doesn't sound as though he cares much about you, I am sorry to say. She doesn't respect you. What you say is worthless to her. It has to come from him.

    Answer by Bmat at 9:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • You should probably consider what you already know about your soon to be mother in law BEFORE you marry.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • You need to put your foot down with this crazy bitch she needs to stay away from your children if shes gonna act crazy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • Your boyfriend/fiance needs to step up! If she is harassing you and saying horrible things to you he should be defending you and telling his mother to back the F off! You guys are on a team now and he needs to cut the cord and realize that she should not be talking to his future wife like that! Tell him that you are sick and tired of his mother treating you this way and if HE doesn't tell her to knock it off than you are going to reconsider marrying him because YOU need someone who is gonna stand up for you. Until he grows a pair and tells her to stop...and until she does stop...if she even does...don't allow her near you or your children. The best thing to do is seperate yourself and your kids from her. If she's not around and you have no contact with her than she can't treat you like that...and your kids epecially don't need to see their grandma treating their mom like crap while daddy sits by and does nothing.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

  • You both need to stand up to her. It will not be easy but it must be done. You need to tell her to stop talking to you and treating you like that-- and he needs to stand by you and back you up. He needs to let his mom know that he won't tollerate her attitude and hateful comments to you, and unless she will change she is not welcome in your home. It would be wise to get this matter taken care of before you get married. I would also like to suggest couples counseling for you and your bf-- that would really help you both to work thru this big issue. good luck!!

    Answer by MizLee at 10:42 PM on Apr. 1, 2009