How do you start your own busieness?

I want to know from anyone whohas or has had a busieness to tell me how they started and found all the right licenceing and such. Any info will realy help. Thank you!

Bella1327

Asked by Bella1327 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on a LOT of things... My mother has more than one business. But here she doesn't have to be licenced for any of them. She has an Avon business that she runs out of her home and a House Cleaning/Wall Washing/Painting Business that she runs out of her home and a Massage Therapy business that she has an office for. None of which need any "legal" paperwork here. You have to notify the borough that you are running it and as along as you pay your taxes, they don't bother you... I have an Ameriplan business and didn't even have to notify anyone because it's a franchise... So, it really depends on what you are doing, where you are running it and what kind of business it is... Contact your local Chamber of Commerce and ask them what is required where you live.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I have a successful home based business with Scent-Sations/Mia Bella candles and I didn't have to have any licenses or anything to start. If you are interested in a successful gourmet candles business, let me know and I can help you get started!
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 10:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• go to a web-site called microsoft business. you can google it...its full of information about how to get started. if you got any more questions give me a holler..thats what i do...help people get their business going
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Hi there, I have a home based business with Gold Canyon and you don't need a license.
    If you would like to know how you can have the extra money you need by having a Gold Canyon business then message me back and I can send you out a packet of information along with a candle sample.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• What kind of business are you wanting to start?? Or are you looking for business opportunities? If you are looking for something I have an internet business that I love that doesn't require any license! I have tried several business before but this one is the only one that I have had success in. It is set up for the average Jo to be successful. Here is my website http://AmmyWilkins.MyWorldResults.com If it looks interesting to you let me know. I would love to help you get your business up and going!
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 11:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• okay, well no sure what the first lady was talking about but any business you have like a cleaning business even if it is out of your home you have to be lic and pay taxes. Depents on what you want to do but i would go online and look at your state website.. or go under lic that and look...
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• miss_nevin - Depending on where you live licensing is not always required. You do need to pay taxes! But things like Business ID and Licence are NOT required in All areas... If you are looking to have employees then things change. But you really should contact your local Chamber of Commerce and find out what is required in YOUR CITY!... If you are looking for a home business you are very rarely required any kind of licence.

I work with Ameriplan, and nothing is required of me besides paying my taxes at the end of the year...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have a home based business with an Anti-aging Health co. and work as a consultant /distributor. The company does all the extras. I just share the products and company with others. Message me for more info.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When begining to start your own home based business the first thing you may want to do is find out what it is that gets you excited when you wake up in the morning.

Doing something you love to do will help you through the challenges in business and it feels like you are not working. If you are not loving what you are doing and your passion does not come out then you are only creating a job for yourself and you will feel like it is just work.

I have been an entreprenuer for about 20 years now. I enjoy what I do and who I am in my businesses. There have been many challenges along the way but the rewards have been great! Ask me about the rewards and I will share them with you.

Look at the next answer for some questions to help you discover what you would love to do.

LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 1:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009