Did the feminist movement

blacklash on women back by destroying the balance of power in the family unit and fostering single motherhood in society?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Feminism is a communist concept and yes the feminist movement destroyed the family unit that was biblically based in this country. I think many women are seeing that and striving to return to the order that God intended for the sake of themselves and the sake of their families. Feminism has played a large role in the problems that we see in society today. Women now have "baby daddies" instead of husbands. Children with "baby daddies" grow up without the proper direction, guidance, and teaching. But women want to blame the men for all of this, yet it is the women that proscribe to the feminist movement that castrated the men of the world today. They don't know what their role is anymore and they don't know what they are supposed to do.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 7:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yep.
    Anonymous

• No, I think the loss of Common Sense, Morals, and Responsibility has increased the numbers of single parents.  Before you go off. I was a single parent. I had no responsibility and made a choice. But I stood up for my choice and made my own way, without the government.

Historically~I find it interestingthat the height of the Woman's Movement (right to vote) was under a Democrratic President, Woodrow Wilson who put women in jail for protesting the right to vote. Google Silent Sentinels. So, why do people mock the tea parties of today? Many tea parties are formed by mothers across America (Orlando, Dallas, Raleigh just to name a few).  They are exercising their freedom to speak. I bet Alice Paul would be standing next to them today, if she could.

myame

Answer by myame at 9:23 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• no. i do think it screwed up "home life" for most families. I think once the woman left the homefront to bring home the bacon it made money become #1 in our lives instead of family!
    I dont think all woman should be SAHM at all.. but I think our way of living has made it harder for those that want to be SAHM to make that dream of just caring for their family even harder...

Anonymous

• Is it possible that masses of women going into the work force changed the economy so familes now mostly have to be double income to survive?
    Anonymous

• Yes to the above and yes to the question.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'm a LITERAL card-carrying feminist. Or was. I recently requested that my lifetime membership to NOW be revoked. It was a gift for my 16th birthday. :)

I love feminism. Don't get me wrong. I believe that men and women should have equal access to opportunity in our society.

The problem that I have is that my once beloved feminist groups have perverted this notion into "women should be more equal than men." Which makes them everything our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers fought against.

Supporting those who are correct or who are victims of inequality or who are being discriminated against is more important than backing those who are women, IMO.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was a feminist, until I read SO many books written by popular feminists bashing SAHMs. One went so far to say that by not working, SAHMs were taking their talent out of society. Gee, maybe their talent is raising kids? And why are women who chose to work as a nanny or do daycare somehow superior to the mother who raises their own children? *shrug* One book went so far as to say mothers that homeschooled were incomprehensible to feminists. Yeah, being an underpaid, overworked school teacher is so much better.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Myame I'm curious, How old are you? You, of course, don't have to answer. I'm just curious, no problem if you don't want to respond.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 11:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I, too, was feminist. Then I got into my mid-twenties and (because I had a very strong and supportive mother) I actually LIKED and admired myself, felt the powerfulness of my feminine & NON-masculine characteristics. I still enjoyed and appreciated my "masculine" skills, but noticed that feminists demeaned and belittled women's roles and interests much more than men did (self-secure men tended to admire and revere women who were devoted mothers similar to they way we revere selfless medical or social workers)

Since I did not value ONLY work that received a paycheck, I had to break with a mind-set which sneered at non-paid roles. ... sigh
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2009