Is Obama giving the Queen an IPOD

an acceptable gift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama referring to "England" but not the rest of the UK would be something like Gordon Brown acknowledging Maryland, but not the rest of the United States.... The queen is old, is she still up with technology enough to use an Ipod--I know it's not hard, but some old people don't like "new" stuff and after all if she want some tunes she can snap her fingers and have any live music she wants with her dinner... The White House needs to hire a different gifter, right quick, before we are the laughing stock of the whole world. It may already be too late.....
    Anonymous

• Sure,why not?She has a sense of humor!What,you think the Queen doesn't enjoy her tunes once in awhile?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It can go along with the DVD collection.
    Anonymous

• Sure, why not? For all anyone knows the presidents aide spoke to her people and found out that she didn't have personal footage of her visit to the States and that it would be an appreciated gift. The president also gavce a signed copy of a book of songs and it is probably likely that the composer is one she enjoys. I think the gift is just fine.
    Anonymous

• Obama ALSO gave her a rare book of songs signed by “The King and I” composer Richard Rodgers. I think that is pretty acceptable along with Ipod loaded with pics of her last visit to the US.

So what is not acceptable about this?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nothing about Obama says class. He is a dope. You forgot about the part where he acknowledged England but not the UK. Is that acceptable? I am sure this is only beginning. He is inexperienced in etiquette, business, class, etc, etc, etc. I pray for this nation.

myame

Answer by myame at 9:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Does it work in England?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Doesn't he have staff to help with etiquette and such?
    Anonymous

• Does what work in england pagan_mama?
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Is the White House doing it's shopping at Walgreens?

I hope it didn't include Elton John's "Goodbye England's Rose" !!!!
    LibraryLady200

Answer by LibraryLady200 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009