Is there a daycare in Frisco, TX that doesn't have a long list of kids with horrible habits that my kid has to bring home or is not dangerous?

My kid is currently at Preston Kiddie College. The staff is nice BUT my child keeps getting bit on the arm (more than once in 30 days) and my child (who used to be sweet) keeps crying all of the time and acting out (just as he sees at the daycare). If you know of any other, please let me know because his safety comes first and I have to pull him out for my own sanity!

***Note: He has already been at a registered home. I was just trying to give him daycare experience. If this doesn't work out, I will just put him back where he came from. They were polite and the kids were brilliant too!

CarolBunmi

Asked by CarolBunmi at 9:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol its like that every where, i cant tell you all the crap my son came home pulling that he got form other kids
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Mom, I have worked in many daycares and preschools during my schooling. I have a degree in Early Childhood Education. And ALL daycares and preschools have their share of biting. Just an issue kids deal with.

Anonymous

• Yep, biting is normal!
    Anonymous

• Biting is normal, as are the "bad habits". Biting happens out of frustration, fear, boredom or anger. I am sorry that your LO has gotten bit mulitple times, but it is what happens sometimes. It doesn't mean that the biter is a bad kid per say. And the crying and and acting out that your LO has been exhibiting may just be the age. I don't know what age your LO is, but it's not out of the ordinary for toddlers to act this way. Maybe he is acting out and crying because he doesn't see Mommy very much. I dunno. It's up to you if you want to pull him from the Daycare and place him somewhere else, but this kind of thing happens all over the place. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I worked in daycare/preschools for almost 20 years and it is normal behavior, not necessarily ok behavior. Biting is a big issue in daycares. The kids are all learning to express themselves and biting is one way to show frustration, anger, etc. It will happen anywhere that you go, it might be less at a home daycare...just less kids there than at a center.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009