If your a feminist, do you think a man should still

open doors for you and lead when dancing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• THEY SHOULD ALWAYS BE A GENTLEMAN BUT THERES NOT THAT MANY ANYMORE LOL

R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think it is courteous for him to open the doors, and it saves confusion if he leads while dancing. If his hands are full, I hurry and open the door. Sometimes doors are heavy, and I appreciate the man opening the door.

Answer by Bmat at 9:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I think its very sweet & love when it is done for me... my dh doesnt all the time, but on occasion he will..
    as for dancing. someone needs to leads. its nice for it to be the man but hey if you are the better dancer, lead! ...lol I think if me & dh ever go to a club (ya 10yrs together & hes never went to a club & dances with me -sad) I will lead! UNLESS we go get lessons & he learns .. lol
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• What does that have to do with being a feminist?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Feminism doesn't mean abandonment of courtesy. I don't NEED someone to open a door for me though it's nice when my hands are full. As to leading when dancing....well, my husband doesn't dance!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• sometimes he does that sometimes he doesn't...don't bother me none
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was under the impression that women ruled the world and we just let the men believe that we need them to lead us!!! lol
    micki1985

Answer by micki1985 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Those things are cultural and have nothing to do with getting paid equally for the same job or having the same opportunities as a man. Yes, I like a man to open the door for me, lead when dancing, and treat me like a lady. But he knows I am intelligent, work hard, and have an opinion that he respects. We are equals in our own ways.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2009