Getting Molested By Your Father/Beaten By Your Mother

I was about 8 when I was molested by my father and it went on till I was 16 almost 17,He also didnt want me and my brother in school,he claimed he didnt like the school system,but I know why he pulled us out of school last time I saw school was in the middle of fifth grade. My mom was a little scared of my dad and just figured he was right and let this go on. I was beat also when i was a young girl so I was afraid also to tell my mom so I had it bad all the way around. I did go to a foster home for a little while,but they eventually came and got me vowed thigns would be different,they were for a month,then the beating and the molesting happened again.

I feel like things are so screwed up and I dont know what to do with my life, my mom ended up with going in and out of the pscyche wards for depression,and I'm so unschooled I'm scared I wont ever become something other than a tiolet scrubber. Anyone been in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i was abused before.. if you need anyone to talk to get a hold of me bc we have many similarities..just kinda private and id rather not post
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Not personally but your story resembles my MIL.

You sound like you have had a rough life in the PAST. But the only one who can direct your life now is YOU.

Stand up, bush off your horible past and get started making your future what you want it to be.

I am a firm believer that you can be anything you are willing to work at. My MIL got her GED, and finished a degree in office assistance. She is now proud of herself and she is 50. So she proves that you can do it at any age.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I guess I just need to know from someone thats walked in my shoes, how to forget the past and how do I get over the education barrier?
    And how do I help my mom find comfort?
    Anonymous

• wow!!!!!!! Talk about getting the shitty end all the way around.You can be anything you want to be. Brush yourself off and head in the right direction.
    Anonymous

• F**k your moms.Take care of you your mom never did, Im sorry for being so blunt but for real.........
    Anonymous

• The only people that can understand your cituation is ones that have been there themselves. I am so very sorry about your past. But you are in control of your future. If you have the will to learn and the drive to make things happen anything is possible. Look up student loans and such, do your research. And most importantly believe and have faith in yourself!! You can do it!!!
    micki1985

Answer by micki1985 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was molested when I was 7yrs, my dad beat me and all my brothers with a gun rod while my mom turned a blind eye. Then I watched my brother get run over by a truck (drunk driver) when I was 14 and my mother blamed me for the accident. Her other brother molested me when i was 16yrs (never told anyone because my mom didn't believe the first one, school said something about hearing I was molested by one of her boyfriends so she accused me of trying to break her and her boyfriend up intead of finding out if he actually had) My mom drilled in my head that I was nothing, that I was stupid, a whore (I was still a virgin), fat, and that I would never amount to anything....I dropped out of school and got into drugs (PLEASE DONT DO THAT!!!) I am 25yrs old....I got my GED and am a state tested nursing assistant and just took my exam to go to college today.............
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• and I scored higher than required!!! I am going to college for surgical tech while my mom still ) gives off a ( your nothing vibe). You know what!!? Fuck my mom and fuck your mom and dad!!! Don't give anyone the power to tell you that your are nothing!!!! for women like us...NOTHING comes easy but you have to work your ass off to get where you want. I am going to college not just to prove to my family that I am smart.......but to prove to myself that I am worth something and that I am not stupid. Find someone or anyone to help you get caught up....I promise you will feel so proud of yourself and the more you acomplish the more you will know that you can be someone in life. I feel your pain honey...I hope my story helps honey.....you can do it......
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• side note....let your mom help herself. You can't help someone who wont help themself. Worry about you...I wish I would have sooner
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You can take control of your life. There are books in the book store that are all about the GED. You don't have to buy them if you can't afford them. Just read them there in the bookstore. Most don't care, and if there is a coffee shop in the bookstore you can buy a coffee and then they'll let you stay as long as you want. Read up. Study. Take the GED. Then enroll in a community college. It will be hard work, but you are incharge of your life and you CAN do this. You just need to know that you are in control. The best thing you can do for your mother is work hard to make something of yourself. It will help her to see her baby thriving despite her mistakes.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009