25 weeks and 1 cm dialated?

I'm 25 weeks and I checked myself because I felt pressure when I was on my hands and knees earlier and I can fit my index finger in my cervic which means I'm 1 cm. Can you be one cm. dialated this early and not dialate anymore til your due date or do you start dialating shortly after? This is my second pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you need to get checked sweetheart i would call ur dr
    kendraamornot

Answer by kendraamornot at 9:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• how do you check for yourself to see dialation? i am not being rude i seriously want to know for myself.
    Anonymous

• lol well you have to stick your fingers way up there, spread your legs apart and you should feel something sticking out, and there should be a hole, if you can get a finger in then your 1 cm.
    Anonymous

• I would also call the doctor. It might be something bad. And it also could close on its own. Plenty of women start and stop labor, though i've never heard of 1 cm dialated at 25 weeks. Good luck. Hope everything is alright =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• well it definitly is possible to be 1cm dialated..i was..and then it closed back up..but you REALLY shouldnt have done that on your own..you realize how dangerous that is???????

call your doctor and tell them whats going on and tell them that you "think" your dialated...it might be weird if you told them that you did it yourself...you know?
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• it is dangerous if your hands arent cleaned. you have to make sure your hands are clean that way you cant get an infection
    Anonymous