Should mothers on welfare/foodstamps have more children on purpose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um no? What kind of question is this. OF COURSE NOT! If they cannot support the children they already have than why in the world should they go have more children? And if they do it is only because they are trying to scam the system...look at crazy Octomom? Ugh
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• What kind of dumb question is that? Are you looking for some kind of debate/heated discussion? No matter what your feelings are on the situation whether you think they should or shouldn't or whether or not you agree or not the point is you have no right to tell them they should or shouldn't have x many amount of children.

Although I'm a tax payer and I understand that many of my tax dollars are going to support them I can't tell a woman what she can do with her own body. I just feel like it's not my right.
    Anonymous

• no cause whatever way you want to look at it i have my own children to take care of and as a tax payer i can't afford your children. so don't go out and get preggo if you just want a bigger check please and thank you..... If you get off your ass and have a baby for a bigger check guess what you'll have more money working for a living......
    Anonymous

• Just because someone gets foodstamps doesn't mean they cannot support their family. Its a type of assistance. Now yes some folks do depend on it entirely and some abuse it, but there are some families who just need the assistance when they hit a bump in the road. I just got laid off from my job as a CSR and yes I did ask for assistance. I just graduated from college in Dec. of last year in criminal justice and yes Im looking for a career in my field. I do get unemployment also while I am searching. If I decide to pop out five more, don't worry your tax money will NOT be taking care of them, I WILL.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• actually i asked because my sister is on her 4th and she has no money or job and told me that a mother( like myself) would keep having kids because you love them. I do not want a debate i want her to see what other mommies think. Sorry if that's what y'all thought....

Anonymous

• food stamps and welfare are totally different things!!! Lots of people receive food stamps and not welfare.

brees3

Answer by brees3 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Now see that is a whole different ballgame. You said mothers on foodstamps...I fit the description so I wanted to clarify a few things. If someone is just being plain lazy and allowing opportunities to past them by then yes the choice to have more children is very irresponsible. Sorry if I sounded like an ass earlier...;}
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I agree i had my 3rd while receiving food stamps, i was in a rut as well and need the help but it was a temp thing. I agree that if that's the case she should not have kids , why bring them into poverty?

brees3

Answer by brees3 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My sister did it and now they are in Fostercare. They gave her money, food stamps, medi-cal and free housing. So what did she do with her time? Drink and hangout with her boyfriend. Boyfriend moved in, they drank 24/7, she fought with her neighbors and got arrested then evicted, then moved in with my mom and spent our tax dollars NOT on food for her kids, NOT on soap to keep her kids and their clothes clean, NOT on anything she was supposed to. But she always had her beer! Finally I had to evict her because she was making my moms health deteriorate. CPS took her kids. Yeah, the system is a wonderful thing....
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No it is making it harder for those who are struggling and working hard trying to get off it to get off!!!!!!! It doesnt make sense unless you are on it and you will definitely know what I mean. The rules are changing so much because of the lazy ones and etc that the policies being enforced are greatly affecting those working hard to be self sufficent.
    Anonymous