Do you consider yourself an expert?

On politics that is? Where have you gleaned much of your political education? Do you and your husband share many of the same views politically and if so does that boost your feelings that what you believe politically is always right? Do you ever find yourself swallowing your words, even if it's a little bit and would you EVER admit you were wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Is some one PMS'ing this evening?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't say I'm an expert on politics but I would say I know more than the average person. My uncle is a history professor so I've learned alot about government and all that jazz from him. I was also a political science major in college so I've taken many class on it. And unlike SOME ppl I actually educate myself about the issues and candidates running before I make a decision about who to vote for.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'm PMSing, too.

I am never wrong and quite happy to be on the correct side of every political issue...........

Yee-haw!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'm quiet green when it comes to politics and I'm learning more and more as time goes on, so I don't consider myself an expert.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Nope, not an expert. I am studying a lot of politics, I have read some books and continue to read and question. But it's fun to question people who post random questions without backing their claim. Like did you know Glenn Beck is starting a GOP revolution? Yea? Like, Ohhhmygosh! And he isn't even a member of the GOP. Crazy, isn't it? LOL... Silly anons and their silly theories.
    myame

Answer by myame at 10:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• myame - I can appreciate your love for learning new things and putting it to use; that alone makes me have more respect for you more than the folks who just ramble off crap to appear like they're better than the rest of us. I can't stand FOX News experts who glom onto the smallest bit of headlines, nit pick, over every minute detail when in actuality they themselves live to complain about everything. Even when they might have something valuable to say I don't bother to read it because of all the holier than thou persona they have.
    Anonymous

• No, not at all. I consider myself a student of politics and history which are pretty well interwined. I have learned a lot from my dad and brother who have studied both for many, many years. I remember watching old war movies on tv and my brother getting a Time/Life book set on WW2 when he was a teen.

I have also learned much from many of the ladies I know in my groups here in CM. I like to talk to people on both sides of the aisle to better understand them and come to my own conclusions. Dh and I share most of the same views but I don't think I am always right by any stretch of the imagination.

I've admitted I was wrong, more than once.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• no, i am far from an expert.... but i make up my opinions and thoughts based on what i have lived and what i see...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• no, not an expert and will NEVER claim to be. We are privy to a small amount of information that we form our opinions around. I enjoy talking to others with differing opinions, and I have changed my mind a few times.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am studying as well, and I will admit that this election has opened my eyes to a whole new "sea" of people that I thought were "almost" extint.
    I do not always share the same views as my husband, but I think he's a nincompoop when it comes to politics anyway. He sees the WORLD different from a lot of people I know. LOL!!
    I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, because I like to be fair in everything I do....It's a Libra thing. ;-)

I usually will agree to disagree though, because sometimes NO ONE is "right"....
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2009