Who had an...

induction?

If you've had more than one child and one without an induction, which was more or less painful?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had both. With my induction I was giving pitocin and contracted for 6 hours without any pain, they broke my water and the pain was pretty bad during the pushing...three pushes was all.
    With the natural delivery I had contractions all day, painful contractions for about 4 hours until delivery.
    The pain was the same at the end of each labor.
    It hurts, but I felt like it was only a few hours of pain for a lifetime of joy. I did all three deliveries without any pain meds.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Being induced is more painful. Artificial contractions are like a thousand times worse.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i've had one of each and I'd put them at the same. Contractions are contractions to me, whether they come on their own or not.
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was induced. It wasnt that painful and I was only in labor for four hours.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I was induced with my daughter but hopefully wont be with the next baby bc it was horrible...
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i was induce an it wasnt ba at all...labor was 4 hours and was nothing to me..ive been through alot worse.lol..were women its not bad come on ladies we were born for that pain lol...
    landonsmommy709

Answer by landonsmommy709 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Being induced is more painful by far.
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2009