Do you think a child should puke from crying?

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• They shouldn't but they do...my 2 year old does it when he can't get his way and throws one of those temper tantrums.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Why not? It can't hurt them. I've seen it happen. Hell, I can make myself puke from crying if I really wanted do. It would do nothing for me.
    Anonymous

• Why can't they? It's not harmful. They are just so upset and can't calm down that they vomit. Not a big deal. It's not like they do it on purpose, it happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Can they? Yes. Should they? No. If your kid is so hysterical that they're crying their eyes out and puking, obviously SOMETHING is wrong. Take a parenting class.
    lovepink26

Answer by lovepink26 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I dont think they should but it happens occasionally.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• It happens. I would have asthma attacks when I was little and panic. When you panic at that age, you cry. When you start, you can't stop. Not enough air + uncontrollable crying = puke!

Most kids just cry when they're upset...some take it to an extreme and I don't think it's fair to assume it's bad parenting. Stop judging.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Actually I wasn't judging so I'm sorry for saying "take a parenting class." I was angry about diamondmamma's response to another "puking post" where she threatens her kids by telling them if they puke she'll make them eat it.
    lovepink26

Answer by lovepink26 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• No, I don't think it is okay for a child to puke just cause they are upset!!!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• FYI--my girlfriend was babysitting the next door neighbor and she was dealing with this.
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009