2 year olds and bikini's?

I HATE seeing little girls in 2 peices. I think they should be covered up. At that age the parents pick their kids clothes, why would they pick something so revealing? Do you let your daughter and if so why? Whatever happened to modesty? My child would have to be like 12 before I let her in 2 peice and even then it would be a tankini one that kept her mostly covered. No real bikinis till shes 16 or so.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 10:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a boy so I dont really have to worry about this but today I was at the pool and I saw a little girl with just bottoms on and wondered to myself "why would her mother let her go out like that".. Unfortunately there are sick perverts out there that get it off with things like that. If I had a girl I would NOT let her wear a bikini when she is young. When she is older (teens) I will let her make the decision but I make sure she knows how to defend herself if need be.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• WHOCARES it's there child not yours they can dress there child how ever they want! You worry about yours and they worry about thiers !!!!!!!!!!! By the way i think it's cute ;}
    Anonymous

• I think its stupid too. My daughter who will be 7 this summer isn't allowed to wear a 2 piece.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• honostly no and Never, until my daughters move out!! I feel that a childs body should be covered. There are people in this world that take things like that sexually and i NEVER want anyone thinking of my girls ( as children) like that. When they move out they are in control but until then i am:)
    brees3

Answer by brees3 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• lmao i read too fast and thought it was binkis i was like y would you cover a binki
    im a dork

but i agree with you
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• They don't have any body do even look at, so why should it matter? I don't think they pick it b/c it is revealing...they probably just see it as a cute little bathing suit.

People let little girl babies & toddlers run around in Little Swimmers w/o a top on. And what about the little Coppertone girl?

If it's perverts you're worried about seeing them then call the cops, cover them up, or leave.
    Anonymous

• Haha it's really NOT cute, first answerer!!
    Anonymous

• My daughter wore a bikini when she was 18 months old but it was like a tankini...with a little tummy showing. Big deal? Not for me. Last year she wore a one piece. She doesn't have one yet for this year. We'll see though. My kids don't go playing in water any place but my own backyard so I'm not dragging them out into public places for strangers to gawk at.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I don't really see a problem with it. Personally I've seen some little girls in bikini's that I thought looked adorable and others I've been like uh why are they wearing that? In my opinion I wouldn't put my daughter in a bikini but I could care less if someone else does. What their child wears is none of my business and I wouldn't even waste my time worrying about it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. You cannot stop perverts from sexuallizing children. I don't see anything wrong with a two year olds belly being exposed, because that's all it boils down to. (2 year old boys wear no tops at all most of the time, when in the pool) It's not like she's wearing a belly shirt out & about & playing. It's a swimsuit for the pool or lake or whatever, I think the non-perverts should take thier minds out of the gutter.
    Anonymous