• In the Spotlight:

Looking for a good deal on a fishtank, any ideas?

I'm looking for 30 gal tank and full set up, i checked petco its about $365(tank,stand, and hood With light)
Any ideas where I can find a better deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pets

• craiglist.com
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Look for a freecycle in your area. www.freecycle.net or .org I can't remember.
    Anonymous

• craigslist.com I get EVERYTHING there. Furniture, baby things, housing, PLENTY of random stuff, and you can post ads for things you want also =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• you can get a tank, possibly a hood and maybe a stand used, but be sure they have never washed the tank with any sort of soap, detergent, dishwashing liquid, bleach, glass cleaner , or anything like that. They are all highly toxic and almost if not entirely impossible to ever rinse completely out.
    You will still need to get light bulbs for the hood, and a filter, for the tank, gravel, heater, etc. The idea of just add water and fish is a huge fallacy and leads to massive fish deaths every day. After you get everything and get it all set up and filled, be sure to dd chlorine remover andany other water additives the pet store recommends. You should still wait a day or two before putting in a couple or three hardy fish to cycle the tank for 30 days before adding the rest of the fish.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We bought a 90 gallon freshwater tank, stand, rocks, filter, air pump, heater, many other items and fish on ebay. We had to dismantle the things in this guys house & then transport everything to our house & set it all up again. But since we got the whole setup for about $400, it was totally worth it. My ex husband still has this tank over 5 years later & it is working perfectly.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009