My neighbor is just plain RUDE! Advise please.

One day the hubby came to my door yelling and screaming @ me. Saying that my cats are ruining thier lawn. They poop all over it and their flower beds. I was REALLY sick when he did this and I told him I was sorry. I would have my kids pick it up. Idk what else he expected me to say. He just kept telling me off and I was too sick to really come up w/ anything else. So I had my kids go over there and pick it up daily. They rarely found anything and when they did it was WAY to big to be from any cat. But they still picked it up. Today their grandson comes up my dd and says "your cats always poop all over our yard." dd says "No, that s not from my cats, its way to big". I didn't hear it so I don't know what/if anything else was said. My cats have a litter box and are not outside that often. They prefer to stay in the garage and use their liter box. I don't know what to say or do. Any suggestions.

4monkees

Asked by 4monkees at 10:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pets

• I'm not really sure what to suggest. I think the cats should be indoors for sure...but that's my own opinion. It's just not safe for them to roam and I know we'd be heartbroken if anything happened to our pets. Is it possible to keep them inside?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I would just try and keep the cats away from their house as much as you can. There isn't really much you can do and if they keep harassing you about it explain to them that the poop they are finding is too big to be from a cat and to go find someone else with a bigger animal they can bother.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If we put the cats indoors they will scratch and claw @ the door to be let out. They have ruined the weather stripping and door jambs too many times, so we just let them stay out for the most part.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 10:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• the cats should be indoors...are they fixed, b/c if they are spraying then that is waht smells. I have a stray that I feed that sprays by the front door.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Well get a cheap plastic 12 inch ruler at the school supply section in WlMart, and lay it down beside the "cat" poop, and take a picture, then pick it up. but keep a couple of these pictures for evidence just in case of, well, I don't know, he can't sue you for your cat pooping on his lawn can he? But it's good to have photographic proof of anything in dispute. And anyway, cats BURY their mess, it's obviously a dog and he is either ignorant or he is a bully who thinks he has found a victim to push around.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• MY CAT STAYS INSIDE AND DOESN'T GO OUTSIDE, SO AS FAR AS THE NEIGHBOR, UNLESS HE HAS SEEN YOUR CAT DO IT, AND CAN PROVE IT IS YOUR CAT, I WOULD TELL HIM TO TAKE A CHILL PILL AND PUT CHICKEN-WIRE ON HIS FLOWERBED SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY ANIMAL USING HIS AREA FOR POOPING. PLEASE, THERE ARE SO MANY STRAYS AND NEGLECTED ANIMALS ROAMING AROUND, HE NEEDS TO WAKE UP AND REALIZE THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN A LITTLE SHIT IN HIS YARD, HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE HAS A FRICKEN YARD WHEN MOST HAVE LOST THEIRS!!!
    MZCHRIS

Answer by MZCHRIS at 12:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• He sees that he can pick on you and on your family so he is doing so. If the poop is big than it is a dog. A dog from somewhere don't know if you have any that live around you is pooping there and he doesn't want to pick it up himself so he feels that it is easier if he yells at you so that your kids will go over there and pick it up. If it is not from your animals you're not responsible to him to pick up anything. Cats bury there poop and make sure that they have buried it. Cats don't want anyone to see or know where they have gone. I would take photos just so you have them incase he decides that he wants to take you to court.
    Caitlin10081989

Answer by Caitlin10081989 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• in response to the question, I really don't know what to say however a lot of people have said that cats bury their poop but this is not always true we have a cat that does not bury his poo I am not saying that the poo is coming from your cats, I am just saying that cats don't always bury their poop
    Anonymous

• OP Here - in respones to calliesmom, yes, my cats are fixed & they have their shots.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 4:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2009