What would you do?

My ss is 21months old and my dh has joint custody of him. A couple weeks ago when we picked him up we got him home and his toe nails had been painted bright pink. Well dh was pissed and asked ss mother why and she said cause he wanted it and dh said well dont do it again he's a boy, she said its no big deal he threw a fit cause I said no so I did it. Well we picked him up tonight and once again his toe nails are painted hot pink AGAIN! Would you be pissed off as much as my dh is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes... the first time, maybe not so pissed. But after ss was confronted and knew that dh didn't want that done, she was wrong to do it again!!!
    Anonymous

• No. He's a little kid. He probably sees Mommy do it and thinks it would be fun. He is too young to understand that boys don't paint their toynails- let alone pink. Let him be a little kid. Heck- but him a doll. He will have way too many years of not being able to do those things- it won't hurt him to enjoy it for a while now. Men really need to get over it. It's nail polish- it won't "turn" him gay or something ridiculously homophobic like that......
    Anonymous

• No it wont turn him gay im sure but when we leave straight from her house to go out to dinner and people see that its just embarrasing! Its not right! Its not normal? Even her 5 year old had his painted..Its not so hard to tell him no, she said he got mad so she did it.. Hell if he wanted a butcher knife and she said no and he threw a fit is she supposed to just hand it over?
    Anonymous

• I think toe nails and knives are a little bit different from each other. You and your DH are blowing it out of proportion. Shes doing it to do exactly what its doing, piss you off. Get over it and laugh it off. She'll stop once it stops bothering you. Lighten up.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes, because she specifically did something when dh said not to!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I don't know, I think I'd just take remove it everytime. Maybe that would send the message to her that your DH doesn't like it. I do understand her reasoning for painting them though, you know how kids are. Mommy does it, they want it too, and really, it's harmless. My DH would probably have a coronary too though.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 3:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I mean No its not that big of a deal that she's painting them, its just how she says it happens? She says he tells her he wants them painted.. My ss is 21 months old and can not say a sentence. Ok he may bring her the polish and that means he wants it done but when she says no and he throws a fit for it to be done shouldnt she be able to just say NO and that be the end of it? He is a totally different kid when he's here, if we say no then thats that.. he understands and goes on? I do agree she's just doing it to get a rise out of dh but also her and her boyfriend both have black nail polish on both toenails and fingernails so I guess its just gonna keep happening
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009