For Mom's With colicky babies

For Mom's who had Colicky Babies
Just curious - I think I only think about it so often cause I am on CM reading about how happy, smily, wonderful most babies are and I see that when I drop my son off at his daycare but his colic was so bad for 6 months that I barely remember good times with him - he had 14 hours a day of crying everyday - I wanted 2 kids but refuse to even think about it now and feel like I am scarred towards babies - I used to be the one to hold everyone's babies and now I can't - don't want to and there's no interest... could i be scarred ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just know you are not the only one and it makes for a hard decision on wether or not to have another baby. My daughter cried for 5 hours a day every day same time from the first week we brought her home until she was 4 mo. Just hang in there and it will get better. My daughter is now almost three and I am just now getting baby fever. You have to have time to enjoy your child before you will want another one. Remember to try to get as much you time as possible.
    Anonymous

• i dont think your scarred but my baby is 4 motnhes and still has collic.sometimes ijsut want to scream we (my friend and I) went to the zoo and her baby just sat there mine screamed literally the whole time I love my son but hes a real challenge and I do not think I will have anymore babies
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 1:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• maybe this is the kind of thing you forget later in life? kind of like when women give birth its horrible pain but you kind of forget about it. I have a lot of wonderful memories with my son but if you put him down for one second he screams this bloood curdling scream
    yoshiwife

Answer by yoshiwife at 1:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Maybe. I have one and he wasn't colicky but he was bad, still is. I seriously don't want one and would cry if I turned up pregnate. Some ppl just need one. Some are ok with 6. I'm a one kid mommy myself.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My 2nd had colic and reflux. I'm not sure how I even got through the first months. I was averaging 3 hours of sleep a night (broken up into 20-30 minute increments). My son cried every single night from 11pm-2am and was super fussy the rest of the day because of his reflux. Feeding him took over an hour from start to finish because he always threw everything up and then needed to be changed and then it started all over again 2 hours after I was done. On top of that I had a 1yo to deal with. My son would only sleep in his carseat and only if someone sat there and rocked it.
    I was always exhausted and on edge. Unfortunately when he was 5 months old I found out I was pregnant again. We lucked out with the 3rd one, though. She was the perfect baby, rarely cried and was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I hear you. I wanted a baby soo much, and when I got one of my own, he never smiled for me, cried all the time, had acid reflux and puked eveywhere-feedings weren't sweet cuddly moments, but spit-up war zones. Everything would need to changed, a couple of times. My clothes, his clothes, two baby cloth diapers would need to be replaced. The furniture would get plastered. All the while, he'd be screaming, especially at night when I was worn out. I dreaded having to take care of him, and I hated myself for it. But then, suddenly, he grew out of it, and was the best toddler a mother could have hoped for. My twins were wonderful babies, but grew into monsters as toddlers. I think people like us are proof that mother hood isn't a princess fairy tale, you know? It's hard work, and not what we had expected. I also believe it prepares us for other stuff in life.
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 12:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009