What should I pack in the baby bag?

Im 37 weeks and not sure at all what to pack. this is my first baby.
It was actually news to me that i had to make a baby bag!
But im not sure what to bring to the hospital with me..for the Baby and myself?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 10:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• pretend you are traveling for a few days and pack all that. also pretend you already have a baby and pack for that too. you will need baby clothes, games or books (something to do while in early labor and after you have the baby), perhaps a note pad and envelopes to write the nurses a note (I wish I had brought that; my nurses were awesome! and I didn't have anything to write them a note with!) and anything else you think you will need to be staying away from home. oh and slippers and a robe for walking around before and after
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• and make sure you install the carseat before you go to the hospital and they will have you bring up the carseat and take the baby out of the hos. with the carseat. they want to make sure the baby is in the seat right. i would highly recommend that you go to the firestation and just tell them you would like them to show you how to put the carseat in the car
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• you actually dont really need a whole lot for the baby since the hos supplies a lot of that. they will give you diapers til you leave, they have blankets, hats, and stuff like that. bring cute baby clothes and a cute outfit for going home in. you might wanna bring two sizes tho in case you have a bigger or smaller baby than you planned on lol. oh and dont forget a camera...
    sorry i keep thinking of more lol!
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• lol its alright..i asked a question and your answering it =)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• glad to be of help...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I brought button up the front pj's to put on after I had the baby. So much more comfy than the hospital gowns and they closed in the back. lol. I had so many people comment that they wish they had thought of that. Also easier to breastfeed with than the gowns. Just dont take anything that you are concerned about getting blood on. And of course your laptop so that you can post pics right away. (: Most hospitals have free wifi.
    dolphinstar79

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• hi! im 39 weeks and i had the same question when i was starting to get ready for the hospital..but my mom told me to bring a really funny/my favorite movie. it seems like a good idea, i want it to be laid back and relaxing (as much as possible)! good luck with everything ;)
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 1:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009