Can any one tell me where to find the scripture about being anointed with oil?

KallaLilli

Asked by KallaLilli at 11:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Acts 4:27 = For of a truth against the holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

Mark 6:13 = And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

James 5:14 = Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

2nd Corinthians 1:21 = Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;

Hebrews 1:9 = Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

1st John 2:27 = But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you all things, and is truth...
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• There are several but here is one...
    Mark 6:13 (New International Version)
    13They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Leviticus 8:12 = And he poured the anointing oil upon Aaron's head, and anointed him, to sanctify him.

1st Samuel 16:13 = Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

Isaiah 61:1 = The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Luke 4:18 = The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Thanks ladies I am trying to decide whether or not I believe in this, I had never heard of it til I went to church Sunday and saw it done.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 11:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• psalm 23
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009