What does it mean if you start lactating at 26 weeks?

I am 26 weeks and i have soaked many shirts because i have started to lactate. Does it mean i am going to go into labor early or is it just a sign that my body is getting ready for baby.

alexanderh08

Asked by alexanderh08 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal you will have it off and on all threw out pregnancy body is just getting ready for baby
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 11:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• lol no. some people start at 16 weeks..i just started lactating a couple weeks ago and im 37 weeks =P

some women dont start that until after the baby is born..others start early in pregnancy
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• currently i just had to take my shirt off..mine is JUST starting to get worse lmfao..but its only one nipple thats leaking..the left one NEVER leaks..just the right now..
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• mine have leaked during my both two, and it was bad, starting around 20-22 weeks. Now im pregnant with #3 ♥yay♥ and im only about 7 weeks along, but i think because i just stopped BF my DD a couple months ago, that might have something to do with while they are leaking earlier this time. Dont worry, its just your body getting ready for baby! ♫
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2009