What if your husband told you ...

that he could imagine his life without you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband DID tell me that..except he was telling me how he was thinking one day that if he found another girl (if we split up) that she wouldn't do this and this and this...Naming off stuff I do! Oh, I was mad.
    Anonymous

• Then I would tell him I could imagine mine without him too. Me and my hubby do that kinda thing sometimes just to play. But if I knew he was saying it to make me mad or to hurt me, it's on!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• mine DID imagine his life without me and .....VOILA! His life is now without me. YIPPEEEEEE. I've been single for a while now and happier than I've ever been. I'm sure glad he imagined his life without me. now his new wife (half our age) has to put up with his sorry ass!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'd say "oh yea? like a nightmare isn't it cause without me to take care of you, you'd be lost!"
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I'd say no need to imagine it...bye-bye.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• we all see it different ways. My husband has told me that as I have told him, but because we love each other, we've made each other strong. I would hate to think that he is so weak that he can't live without me, thats means life with me was harsh...
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'd say really? Explain, how you'll be able to live after I take all your $$ on CS LOL.
    Hubby and I a lot of times play the what if game. And it has come up that god forbid something happended to me, he siad that he'd never remarry just have three live in girls friends like the heff. When he asked me, I told him I'd marry for money, since the first time marry for love aparently didn't work. We both got a laugh out of it. I guess it just really depends on what context it was in. If we were not getting along and he made such a statement, I think i'd be pissed and might just leave for a few days. But i leave him home with the kids for a few days every couple months when i go viist my grandparents for a long weekend, he know what life would be like without me, and he doesn't like it one bit.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We were in a huge fight over his adult kids. He says he is still raising them and he and his kids are a team and always will be. I told him when we married, that he and I were supposed to be a team. And his raising was done way before I married him. He says, "You love me, you love my kids" if not, then get out. They have been nasty to me and my little one since day one. Spoiled brats. Especially SD. He's afraid to stand up to her, afraid she will get mad. Told me one time he was not going to do anything to make her unhappy (this is when she was being really disrespectful to me but she was about to move away to go to school). Needless to say, I'm in the middle of a mess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• By the way, he and I have no bio children together. So he doesn't worry about CS. Said I couldn't get much out of him since we haven't been married that long & don't have kids together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I really would not think anything about it. I think that it a really silly thing to fight over. My husband and I just starting talking about this in response to this. He and both agree that we could live without each other, we just choose not to.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009