Any Advice on Toddler Beds?

I just got my boy a toddler bed. I'm trying to have him sleep in it tonight. So far we have done ok. But I waqs wondering if anyone has any advice on how to make the transition from crib to toddler bed easier for him. Any advice would be helpful.

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 11:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When we moved my DD to her toddler bed, we had a few rough nights. We would lay her down in it, kiss her goodnight, all the routine things that we had also done while she was in the crib. She would still get out of the bed, and come to her door, crying. Or, she'd get on the floor. The second night, I got up and went to check on her and hit her in the head with the door! Patience and consistency. I don't know if your son is the explorer that my DD is, but she also STILL gets up every morning and completely wrecks her room. You might want to take anything out of there that you don't want you son to get into. Good luck!
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009