I am almost 24 yrs old. I have 2 beautiful girls, my oldest is 3 yrs and my youngest is 5 months. With my oldest I did'nt have a problem with depression. But now after my second I feel lost all the time. It's everything, my looks, my attitude and just day to day life in general. The feeling of being useless. I am in no suicidel because I love my girls and my husband dearly and will always be here to take care of them. Will these bad feeling atleast ease up???

micki1985

Asked by micki1985 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes they should... I will pray for you and you can also talk to your doctor.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I am sorry that you feel like that... I am sure they will get better... try to work on them... wake up and do something to make yourself feel better... do you hair or make-up.. or go out with some girlfriends and just have some fun...

hunny, you are far from useless.. you have children that love you (husband too) and need you for everything... you are their world right now ♥

maybe (if u have free time) try picking up some hobby of some sort.... you can pm me anytime if you wanna talk to someone ♥
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• You may want to talk to your doctor about post partum depression. Also, if you want to try to feel better before you get there, when you start to feel bad, go outside and try to get some sun on you. I am not just saying that to make you think sunshine is the happy juice of the universe. There is actually a chemical in sunlight that is known to positively affect depression. Ultrviolet lights work also, so if you can't get out in the sun (I'm not sure where you are or the weather you are having right now) try a tanning bed.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• If you're not into taking meds you should try buying the natural herbal remedy St. Johns Wort, they sell it in the vitamin section. Good lUck and God bless.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I had no history of depression, and didn't get any PPD after my 1st baby. After my 2nd was born, I had so much discouragement, anxiety, anger - I felt completely incompetent. People say "Call your dr if you're having problems." And what? Tell her I'm a failure as a mother and person? I was miserable, and felt like I just sucked. I felt that my sweet girls deserved a better mother. When I finally allowed myself to think maybe it was PPD, that was the beginning of healing for me - at 6 mos pp. It wasn't overnight, but that was the first step. It sounds like you might have PPD. For some women, meds are like the sun breaking thru clouds; others find other things to be helpful and they don't need meds. One woman found help from Byron Katie's book Loving What Is (www.thework.com) - that may not be for you, but who knows? There are many options for you to consider, but please don't suffer in silence. You don't have to feel like this.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• All I ever wanted was to be a mom and after I had my baby I was miserable I waited thinking it would go away finally one day I snapped luckily nobody else was around to witness what I did but I punched a hole thru r humidifier Why ? cause it was out of water yeah and I cut myself pretty bad I called my doc then and there don;t wait go see your doc mine put me on a low dose of celexa and I love it I am calmer and have way more patience its not long term and it doesn;t make u feel dopey at all just a little tired for awhile good luck DON'T WAIT until you really snap :) I waited a year and the feeling never went away
    aidensmom570

Answer by aidensmom570 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Do you have any hobbies or anything you love to do? I'd try something new, and go to the doctor to assess what's really wrong. I think sometimes you need to do something you enjoy to give yourself a sense of purpose. I like to play guitar and do beadwork and when I do creative things, I feel that I really shine. It's OK to go on medication. It may not last forever. You'll feel better once you do.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You sound like you have reached a place where you need medical assistance. Don't worry its only for awhile.... you are missing out the time with your girls
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009