I'm looking for a quality rear-facing & forward-facing car seat (one that can do both). I've heard Graco is the best. Any suggestions?

annerachelle

Asked by annerachelle at 11:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Britax is top rated
    Anonymous

• I like Britax....I don't know anything about Graco...but Ive heard good things about Britax. little more expensive. When it comes down to it, they all have to pass the same inspection and safety rating.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• i have a truefit and really like it. It will RF to 35lbs and harness to 65lbs.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Graco doesn't make very good convertibles. They are known more for their infant seats.
    Britax is one of the best for convertible but they also cost the most.
    The first years true fit is supposed to be an awsome seat and is a middle range for price
    Evenflo Triumph Advance is also a good seat and cost a bit less
    And then there is the Cosco Scenera which is only about $50 but is a good seat... doesn't have many frills though and not as comfy... but safe.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I love my Scenera! And nice and cheap. The only problem is if you think your child might be tall. My son isn't all that tall, and if he was forward facing now, (he's not, he's only 30 lbs.), he would be using the top slot already. I really don't think he'll make 40 lbs. in it because of height. And that's the other problem, it only harnesses to 40 lbs. I think you're best off with the True Fit. I really don't see that the Britax ones are any better than it, they just cost more. But the Scenera can be a great seat if you plan to have more than one child and don't mind doing the hand - me - down thing. That's what I'm going to do.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I also recommend the True Fit for a convertible seat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Definitely avoid the Graco convertible car seats. Short shells, low harness slots. Just poopy. You will get more usage out of the Cosco Scenera than the Graco Comfortsport.

I have the Compass True Fit. You can see pictures of it on my main page.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 11:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• THANK YOU! for all of your responses. They were all helpful. We are a little limited with the selection in our town, but I felt comfortable with the brands after reading the responses. Thank you again!!!
    annerachelle

Answer by annerachelle at 8:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2009