I love this quote. What does it mean to you personally?

Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances--Benjamin Franklin.
I think I love it because I can relate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree. There are ppl in this world that have horrible horrible things happen to them but they are still happy and love life. And there are those that have everything they could ever want and can still find something wrong in everything. I think it means how you look at life will help to determine how happy your life will be. If you look at things negatively, you will almost always be unhappy. But if you are a postive person, you will be surrounded by positive things.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Perspective plays a big role in how a person feels. I also agree with Ash.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• Great quote. It's so true... someone could have a rotten attitude and outlook on life, and it wouldn't matter if he was living in paradise with all his physical needs met. And other people live in very humble circumstances, with trials and problems, and they radiate peace, gratitude, joy, and trust. Their lives are genuinely happy because they've chosen happiness that isn't dependent on external circumstances.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My mom has the personality trait of one who was so hurt as a child that it made her eternally angry and bitter. I on the other hand came out with my dads (RIP) personality. I have had many sad/bad things happen to me and I make light of them and forget about them for years at a time. My mom on the other hand is famous for reminding me of when I was wronged and it brings back a tinge of anger or sadness. I once had to tell her to please stop reminding me of what my 1st boyfriend did to me 25 years ago, or how my ex BFF still owes me $1,000 from 20 years ago, blah! I like that quote.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2009