is it normal to bleed during a pap while your pregnant??

101209

Asked by 101209 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's common. During pregnancy the cervix is extremely engorged with blood and can be very friable - it can bleed pretty easily. Some women experience spotting after intercourse as well.

Naturally, any severe bleeding or cramping should be talked about with your caregiver, but minor bleeding following a Pap isn't a cause for concern.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• How much bleeding are you talking about here? I've heard that its normal to bleed a little because your cervix is sensitive...but if it is a lot of blood than no I would say that is definitely not normal.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• When I was preggo with my son, the pap during my pregnancy was really uncomfortable and I know I bled a little bit.
    Anonymous

• yes, i believe so. i was swollen because of hormones and during a pap during my pregnancy i did bleed a small amount. nothing excessive, and it was pink, not red.
    adulation

Answer by adulation at 11:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• idk know i live in louisiana they wont do a pap if your prego
    msjerrica

Answer by msjerrica at 11:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I live in Louisiana also, and if your doctor isn't willing to give you a pap you might want to switch doctors. I assure you, any good doctor will give you one, they are neccesary to check for infections and to make sure everything looks alright.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009