why why why!!!!!!!

Why do girls on here have to be bitches when i ask a question??? i asked about when did you start facing your baby into the forward facing postion in the carseat and i just got smart ass remarksexcept for one girl and I really do appreciate her saying something!!! Im a 1st time mom and im new at this so why do you think i was asking the question??? If I didnt care about which way my baby sat I would not have asked it...I was just wondering how old they were and I was not saying that I was going to start forward facing her right now...

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all you need to know is they must be 1 yr AND at least 20lbs
    Sheenalynne

Answer by Sheenalynne at 11:43 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• nobody was tryin to be a bitch...you really should have worded your question differently....We were just being honest....you shouldn't get so defensive..you will get a lot of opinions and answers you don't like on this website. Ive had plenty.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• some moms come on here looking for an argument, i would never take anything on here personally:) A new mother should be able to get advice without smart remarks and thats why this is supposed to be here ( cafemom) I am sorry that happened to you:) Did you get an answer that helped? ( about car-seat)

brees3

Answer by brees3 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• yes i did get an answer that helped. but i am still annoyed that they all jumped on me thinking i was going to start facing her forward at this second. oh well its all good i got my answer
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• seriously...don't get annoyed. nobody jumped on you. i think it's kind of a sensitive subject on here...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:53 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I just read the question... personally I dont think she has outgrown her carseat, but if you THINK she has then you can get her a covertible one and face her backwards until she is a year old and chances are she will be 20 lbs by then if shes already 15 lbs. Im sorry you felt the way you did. There are ones you can buy so that you will not ever have to buy her another one. Best luck to you!
    Anonymous

• You'll see soon enough that alot of mom's will judge you if you don't agree with them. There are alot of mom's out there that Rear Face as long as possible, and they really will look down on you for forward facing at a year. I had to get a convertible carseat when my son was 7 months old, because while he still fit in his infant carseat, he was just so uncomfortable looking. He's a big boy though.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• I just read your questions and replys. I don't think anyone sounded rude. It sounded to me like you wanted to forward face already... or at least it is what most people would think you were asking.
    As for car seats... if you really think she has outgrown her seat you will need to buy her a convertible seat. Although it is SO much easier to keep them in the infant seat as long as you can... and at her height and weight you have plenty of more growing room. My son didn't outgrow his until he was 19 lbs and 29 inches. What matter is the weight and almost all infant seats go to about 22 lbs... as for height it usually gives a guideline, but the thing to look for is how much hard shell she has above her head, she needs an inch. It doesn't matter if her feet hang over though.
    Convertible seats: The best seats from high to low on price: Britax, True Fit, Evenflo Triumph Advance, Cosco Scenera
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Sorry you got bitched at. I know about how they can sometimes "outgrow" the infant seats when they haven't actually passed the weight and height requirements. But if you want to make them comfortable you need to get a convertible and put it rear facing. When do you face them forward? At the minimum they need to be 1 year AND 20 lbs. But it's better to wait until they're the maximum, which is 35 lbs on the better seats, or if there's less than one inch of hard shell above their heads on the convertible. My son is 17 months and 30 pounds and rear facing in a Cosco Scenera. And he's totally comfortable that way.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• At least you are putting your child in a car seat and it's good that you are asking these questions instead of just doing something you aren't sure about. I've seen a lot of parents where I live that aren't even putting their toddlers in car seats or booster seats, not even a seatbelt and that's what really makes me get p@$$3* off. There was one lady that had a baby that was probably about a year old and she was walking ahead of her in a walmart parking lot...about 3 parking spaces ahead the baby...and was yelling at her to come on, then when the baby finally got over to the car she just picks her up by one arm puts her in the back seat and closes the door then gets in the driver seat, and this was at night too when anyone could have hit the little girl walking by herself in the dark parking lot. Don't worry about what anyone says unless it's a positive response! You are just trying to do what's best for your child!!
    bribrat85

Answer by bribrat85 at 5:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2009