Toddler bed, huh?

My son is 25 moths old and still sleeps on his crib. I want to know untill when he should do the transition to the toddler bed. He has one but Im afraid he wont like it. One way I still like him sleeping on the crib is because he cant get off. Now Im wondering that with a toddler bed he can get in and out with no problem that wont be good. Any suggestions?

lasisterd

Asked by lasisterd at 11:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddler beds are just as low to the ground as the transition cribs. Try it out see if he likes it and if not take it back just keep your receipt! I bought my son a toddler bed that was CARS from babies r us in hopes he would sleep in it and it was crap. Didnt put together safely so dont get none of those ones ok!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• My son is 23 months. I'm leaving him in a crib until he starts trying to climb out.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• He can stay in the crib until he reaches the weight limit. Most will hold a child up to 50 pounds. If both of you are happy with him in a crib, he's fine in his crib.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Our little man is 24 months, has learned to climb out of his crib, but stays in it at night. He likes the "cocoon" of being in his little space. We also have a twin bed in the room, but he thinks it's a trampoline! LOL! We tried to move him last month when we knew he could climb out of the crib, but it was just too soon. We'll probably talk about it before he starts Jr. High. LOL! PS-I have a friend who's DD slept in her crib until she was 4. (It was a LITTLE apartment). I know there is no set time to move him to the "big boy" bed, so we're just taking it one day at a time. Good luck, though!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We HAD to move my DD out of her crib at about 16 mths. because she would climb out. She has a transitional bed, and she never really had any problems with it. She does get up every morning and destroy her room though. I'd let your son stay in there until he asks for a different bed or doesn't fit anymore. If he's sleeping good in it, I don't see the problem.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009