Best Cookbook...

I do not cook, I'm not talented in that department at all. But I want to learn. What is the best cookbook out there for beginners? And also preferably one that's make for picky eaters and has substitutions, just in case there's nuts or seafood or something else that doesn't please. Thanks for the help. :)

BeccaBoo518

Asked by BeccaBoo518 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Does anyone in your family cook? I would suggest making your own. Scan sites specifically what you are looking for and pick n pull recipes you like! Ask granny or mom for recipes also! This is what Idid even though i dont cook lol but in hopes one day I will I will have all the best stuff right there!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2009

• The Joy of Cooking has been around forever and is time tested! I suggest reading it like a novel!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I am not meaning to be offensive but Cooking for Dummies is good. Any of the Taste of Home magazines. Go on different websites, foodnetwork.com has easy recipes to expert recipes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009