difference between the 1st and 2nd pregnancies

I was just curious about the differences between your first and second pregnancies. What symptoms did you have with the first that you didn't have the the second and vice versa? More cramping and aches with the 2nd pregnancy? Less morning sickness? Not as sore boobs? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For myself, I had NO morning sickness and NO sore boobs (But I was still breastfeeding when I first found out!) at all with my second. With my second, I also noticed earlier BH contractions, back pain, and cramping.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my first,son, i gained 50+ pounds & i craved barqs root beer. i dont remember feeling him move untill late in the pregnancy. & i went in on a sunday morning & didnt have him till monday afternoon, it was really tough.
    with my 2nd, girl,i only gained 14 pounds &i didnt show untill i was 8 months or so. i was really active, worked out, jogged, i was able to do alot of things i didnt do with my first.i felt her move i think pretty early, it was funny bc i wasnt showing, but you could see her moving. i loved quacamole &spicy foods and sour candy.i popped her out after 2 pushes. it was so easy! really great & i loved it! i weighed less than i did when i got pregnant.
    sorry bringing it to my 3rd,son, i gained about 25 lbs, i ate alot. i loved to eat chocolate, had a couple months morning sickness & was tired, extremely tired.
    all 3 deliveries were really different too. it was nice to experience 3 similar but dif births
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm about 14 weeks pregnant with my second. The differences I have noticed so far its the morning sickness. I was not sick at all with my first and this time I have been sick.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• With my oldest son I had mild morning sickness that only lasted for the 1st trimester. That was really my only symptom.

With my daughter I had mild morning sickness, but it lasted all 9 months. I had sciatica from 30 weeks-delivery.

With my youngest son I had mild morning sickness that only lasted for the 1st trimester. I had sciatica from 30 weeks-delivery again.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• With the first (a boy) I was healthy and only got sick a few times out of nowhere. I gained 7lbs. With number 2 (a girl) I was sick every night the whole pregnancy and lost 11 lbs. With my third (a boy) I was sick on and off the whole pregnancy and lost 7lbs. Now with this one (another boy) I ws mildly sick at night for the first trimester but certain foods still make me ill to even see them. I have lost about 10lbs and I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009