Is it unhealthy for babies...

if you eat fast food a lot while you are pregnant?

twocutetwins09

Asked by twocutetwins09 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would assume yes, since they say it is unhealthy for anyone that is NOT preggo, right?? Unless of course you are opting for the salads and other healthier options they now have.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Mmmmm...dont think so but it obviously isnt the best thing you could be doing for them. What you eat they eat just remember that. When you have your baby will you feed him/her fast food? Probably not so try to just cut back no shame I did it too and we know that a LOT of mommies did it also. You have to have a balanced diet of veggies and fruits and good fats!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• To live on it two to three meals per day or one meal per day either every day or several times a week, it's not healthy. To have some times, it's fine. The tremendous amount of salt in fast food can raise blood pressure if that type of food or any food from home or any place else that is excessively salty is eaten more routinely. But sometimes doesn't hurt. Happy Baby!! Happy Ba b ies ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• really, fast food isnt good for you even when you arent pregnant. too much of anything like that cant be good, your body and baby need certain nutrients that those types of foods dont really provide.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I ate very healthy during the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy, but after that I got too nauseated to cook anything. The only thing I could eat and keep down was fast food. I tried eating fruits and salads, but they either didn't stay down or didn't make me full. I can't eat a lot anyway because I'm pregnant with twins and the babies are pushing my insides up into my stomach, squishing it. So, when I can eat, I only crave fast food... I feel so bad, but my body knows best, right? I don't know what to do...

twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I ate it occasionally and my daughter has a dimple butt. I joke that it was from the BK cravings I gave into.
    lovepink26

Answer by lovepink26 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Also, my OB has me on prenatal, folic acid, and iron supplements, So its not like I'm not giving any nutrients to them...
    twocutetwins09

Answer by twocutetwins09 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes, that stuff's poison.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh two cute mommy I know what you mean. When I was pregnant with my son ice cream stopped my heartburn. Vanilla ice cream. Then that didn't taste good and I progressed to Butter Pecan Ice Cream. It's hard I know. And with both flavors it had to be only Breyers Ice Cream no other brand took care of my heartburn cept for those!!!! Crazy huh. don't add salt and keep to small amounts and you'll then get your fix once, twice a week and get back to eating good again. Congratulations!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• They say in early pregnancy you should give in to all your cravings (within reason) so I assume it's okay to eat fast food as long as you balance it out with healthy stuff too.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2009