What do scabies bites look like when they first start out?

We went on a surprise vacation to see family and it turned out WE got the surprise. They all either had, or were still dealing with, scabies! My 13 year old noticed some spots on her torso this evening and I am wondering if these could be the scabies, or something else. If you have experience with scabies, please tell me, what did they look like when it first started? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• Ewy....look on webmd.com type in the symptom checker scabies! It will show you a photo. GL!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had them once and they started on my stomach. It has been 9 years so I can't remember exactly what they look like. They are very itchy.
    You will need cream from the drs to get rid of them and you have to hot wash the sheets etc.
    It can take a couple of treatments.
    FYI - the itching can become a habit and your skin can still feel itchy once they are gone.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• like small red bumps or so that drive you crazy.. haha man i had the same problem.. and all it takes is 5 seconds and you can have it.. its like a rash sorta just little red bumps normally with come in between fingers anywhere warm...
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I too had scabies (thanks Army medics) and I do remember that the itch was intense, I could feel them crawling on my skin and yes at least on my arms I could see where they were burrowing into my skin. Not pleasant at all. Good luck! Are you sure they're not bedbugs?
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009