lump in throat

i have a lump in my throat just under my jaw on the right side. it hurts a little only when i touch it. i've been hearing the term "swollen lymph node" but dont know what that is or what it could indicate. it is extremely difficult to see my physician and i dont like taking my kids with me to the er. its been coming and going for months. what could this be? and should i be scared? =P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• sounds like a swollen lymph node. Like i just told another mommy go to webmd.com best place ever. Go to the symptom checker and put in your symptoms and it will give you a medical list of possibilities and explanations! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You can start out at your dentist, could be a tooth or gum infection that's coming in different and doesn't hurt in your mouth yet. I don't know about going to the e r unless you're running a fever too? But definitely get it looked at . Feel better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• could be a swollen lymph node.. had a lump like that and it can really be anything, just cause its on you face doesnt mean thats were the problem is i would get an apt with a doctor
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 5:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2009