Does in run in families?

Hey ladies, so i was talking to my mom and grandmother ( my dads mom) today and they both told me they had all the kids 1-2 weeks early.... I've heard this runs in families, does anyone know? I'm hoping its true so i'll be holding my lil man at 38 weeks!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Quite possibly! All my mother's kids were late (as was my first), so I believe it! =)
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think it's true since every female on my mothers side of the family was weeks overdue and a few on my dad's so i believe i will be overdue as well.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Hard to say... my mom hers at- 1. a day after her due date (that was me :-)), 2 days before her due date, 1.5 weeks before her due date and my youngest brother was born at 43 weeks. LOL... very unpredictable.

I don't know about my grandmothers.

I went to 41 weeks, 6 days with my oldest.

My next two were scheduled c-sections at 38 weeks, 4 days and 39 weeks, 4 days... so basically all I know with them is that I hadn't yet gone into labor as of the days they were born...
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 11:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009