The worst verbal attack that you remember....

I want to know, for those of you who have been in or are still in a verbally abusive relationship, what are some of the things he says to you that hurt you? Name calling? Put downs? Does he try to make you feel guilty for spending time with your best friend? Or does he make you feel guilty for him having to watch his OWN child/ren? Details please. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• my mom's new hubby tells her she isnt aloud to have us over or the grandchildren so wroung in so many ways. He will tell her yes then no that she is f'ed up for having them over and she is ignoring him. my hubby is good to me.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was in a controlling/verbally abusive relationship before I met my DH. He would call me fat (I was actually REALLY slender and in-shape back then), call my friend's names behind their backs and tell me to shut-up when we were right in front of people. He would tell me what friends I could and couldn't hang out with. He'd beraid me for hanging out with guy friends that I'd known for years. He'd get upset if I went out and had a good time without him "I hope you had a nice time while I was slaving at work and thinking about you. I bet you don't even think about me when you go out!" He'd refuse to take me out if I wore anything other than pants (no skirts, no shorts). He didn't want me working and made me feel bad for having a job. He got upset when I got accepted into college and wanted to go to school. (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was in high school, we didn't even LIVE together. I just couldn't get away from him. He had my parents fooled, my mom LOVED him. He had me too embarassed to tell anyone what was really going on (no one was going to believe me because I was just an emotional girl, it was best to shut up and not embarass myself). He was over my house all the time, he went to all of my sports games and even when he went back home (which was hundreds of miles away) to visit, he'd call and text and IM and email me constantly and belittle me for not getting back to him right away. I tried breaking up with him THREE times and each time he said "no" and wouldn't get lost! It was finally when he went back home to see his family that I was able to get him out of my life.

What hurts the most is that I'm still embarassed to tell my mom the details. She still likes him and wonders what happens. It bothers me that I can't be honest with her.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When I was in high school, I dated this guy for 3 years. My husband fortunately saved me. But I had so many rules and if I broke his personal dress code, I was a slut. If I hung out with my guy friends, I was obviously screwing them. When he was at work, my sister and I would do things, and he would ask me why I had more fun with my idiot sister than with him. Then he would say that he wouldn't ever go out without me if I were at work. Then he would stay over at a female friends house! I went to my junior prom with a gay guy because he was in California at boot camp and I got a call on my cell in the middle of the whole thing and he told me I needed to leave the dance or he would leave me.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There really isn't one specific verbal attack. I wasn't supposed to have friends, he could. I wasn't supposed to spend too much time with my family. He thought I was stupid for getting upset when my nephew, then a baby, was having seizures. I wasn't allowd around his friends because I brought them down. Yet, they treated me better then he did, and didn't seem to be 'down' around me. He said his dad offered to pay him if he divorced me. He told me that sometimes he just wanted to shoot me, as he held a gun to my head. I think I have blocked out a lot of things. But 14 years later I still have panic attacks. My husband can't play around with me, tickling me, because I have pretty big panic attacks.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh, I am talking about my ex husband that was abusive. My current hubby is great!
    Buffie95

• the guy i am with now cause me a maniac, insane, psyco, he says that i never listen to him and he is stuck living in my world. he says all of this when i confront him with something that upset me. he flips everything on to me. whenever he feels i am too close to my own daughter he says we are a clique trying to get rid of him, so he will argue with her and she is just 5. everything i do is wrong and yet when he punshes holes in our walls he has a right to bc he is mad at me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• heres the best one i got. i was dating a guy who didnt want to share me. i was always helping friends out with things and going here and there and one day when my friend was getting evicted and he didnt want me to help her move her and her 4 kids to their new place he kept saying ," saint f***ing Stefanie, always helping everyone else" Saint F***ing Stefanie" to me, that was the worst. i know it sounds kinda dumb but it made me feel horrible because its the one thing i pride myself in is being there for others and he made me feel very small.

heres another one tho, my friend lets call her sarah was dating a guy who was so verbally abusive that when they got in a fight over nothing he called her a "complete waste of life"
    stefirose22

Answer by stefirose22 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my x one night yelled ( he was drunk ) that i was fat and gross and thats why he didnt want to have sex anymore i make him sick. he wants to throw up. when i met him i was a size 4 had our dd and was a size 8. so i left him and lost weight wasent a size 4 but looked better and toner, he wanted to resume our realtionship, to bad, im now married to another man who loves any curvse i have and we have a son together and though i put some weight on dh says im healthly looking. and still after 6 years he pounces on me lol. now my x.. he looks sooo old life is beating him down. my dh would never say thoes things to me..xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm very happy to hear that most of these pathetic loosers who call themselves "men" are ya'lls exes.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009