your profile pic????

Why are some of you showing your child nursing in your profile picture? Its not nasty dont get me wrong its a beautiful thing but odd people see that...! The ones who have those pictures up do you nurse right out in the open in public with no blanket?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats too funny! Seriously?? I would never do that. In fact, I never post real pics on the internet anyway. A friend's face wound up on some porn website. They look for that type of stuff to repost in other spots. I don't know why anyone would post pics of their kids either... And real names... UGH.. that drives me nuts!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why are you on this site if you aren't going to post ANYTHING?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• what do you mean "anything" posting my breasts with my son eating from them is not everything...I just thought that that wasnt right when there is people out there that use that stuff for weird odd personal things like creeps do!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't see a problem with a picture of a child eating, regardless of how or what they are eating. I never understood why it upset people.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My pic is my daughter eating. I don't see why I would need an excuse to not show it. It's no different than a pic of her sleeping, swimming, chasing my cat, or eating spaghetti. She also nurses anywhere without a blanket over her head. I don't know any adults who want to eat with a blanket over their heads. It's nothing to hide or be ashamed of.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• NO it isnt something nasty or something to be ashamed of I agree. It was actually your pic I was referring to hun. MY point is just simply there are freaking weirdos out there that stalk on things like that. more power to you I was just making a point that you shouldnt let other people like the creeps make something beautiful into something nasty like they do. You walk down the street and get your tits stared imagine how the men like to see them popped out and sucked on!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You're right. I will NOT let them make it into something nasty by hiding. IDK if you nurse or not, but it's not as visual as people make it seem. I'm a B cup. My baby's head covers most of the breast and my clothes cover the rest. You see very little skin. Sometimes you can't even tell I'm nursing. But if a perv gets off to just the thought of me nursing, it's his flaw and not my problem. As long as he doesn't try to come and watch. But I won't be the one to bend to the sick minds of creeps by nursing in a germy bathroom or putting my baby under a blanket cause some men can't look at breastfeeding w/out thinking dirty. I think the more women nurse openly, the less people there will be who make a big deal out of it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009