I think my monroe piercing is infected what can i do? doc is out no insurance!

Itsred and it hurts i have had it for 9 weeks but about amonth ago i changed the bar to a thinner,shorter one. any ideas? plz i need them.

saraward08

Asked by saraward08 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• monroe piercing? Any piercing should be cleaned soap water...hydrogen peroxide with q-tips. keep dry and keep any clothes off of it leave it alone should get fine....probably taking the ring out would help too..probably your best bet actually.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• This happened to my sister and her face actually swelled so bad, it covered her jewelry. My dad used bolt cutters to cut it out. No joke. She refused to see a doctor, so he said he would take care of it. Was the new bar brand new and sterilized? Are you using salt water spray? I would take it out and see if the irritation goes away. it may be the jewelry your body is reacting to. Or it may be infected. Call a doctor when you can, tomorrow morning.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well its so short that i cant get it out and hold it to urn it at the same time.But if i take it out it will close up.But yes the new one i put in was bought from the store so it was new.Maybe there just Isn't room for it to breath.I'm not sure but i have no insurance i thought about going by the piercing place and seeing if they can undo it for me.
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Go back to the piercing place. They should be able to help you get it out.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my rook got infected really and i called the piercing place, he told me how to take care of it but i had already taken it out so he offered to redo it for free
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yes thank everyone for advice i went up there
    it isa tad bit infected let me let some of you that have new piercings or want them.
    do not be stupid like me and go buy unsterile jewelry and put it in until it is healed
    i thought it was but it takesa good 6 months to heal.
    saraward08

Answer by saraward08 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2009

• take it out.

imo that piercing is kinda dumb...your so pretty, why do you feel the need to stick metal through your face and ruin it?
    Anonymous