do or would you let your child wear used clothes?

we dont I know nothing is wrong with them but I jsut cant do it

yoshiwife

Asked by yoshiwife at 12:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Um Yeah. Who cares. If you have a problem with that.. so be it. I don't and I get more bargains that way! LOL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I do. I wash them before the kids wear them, but I do that with brand new clothing too. I just got two huge boxes of hand me downs for my toddler, and I would have been crazy to turn these clothes down. Great shape, really cute, and it was probably something like 20 outfits and 7 sets of pjs. Plus two or three sweaters. For free? Heck yeah, I'll take it!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Most of my daughters clothes are hand me downs or bought at yard sales. Now that she is a preschooler, I'm starting to get more new clothes for her, because many of the clothes for her age are too beat up. I think it's foolish to pay regular prices for baby clothes, they hardly wear them.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• as long as they are in good condition and they get washed first, its fine. i got a bunch of clothes from my sis in laws kids and i also bougth a bunch of clothes at a used baby clothes store and saved a ton of money. although i have to watch the prices cuz some thrift shops charge as much as walmart does for brand new clothes!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i agree with op. I have never bought used clothes for my son, just cant imagine doing it. now my best friend does for all 3 of her girls. she spends alot less money then I do for their clothes then I do for one kid. I would say I spend around $1500 on school clothes per school year and she spends around $400.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why not? Friends pass on clothes to my daugh. i buy clothes from good will.. my daugh is prob one of the cutest dressed in her class. Its about how you can put an outfit together!! i can go into a good will and find the cutest shirt that may go with something she has. Money dont grow on trees @ my house. Besides kids grow so fast. i buy her clothes @ target.... Her headbands and lil asser come from dollar tree!!!!! no shame here, My daug is stylin in pre-k. I send her to school look good and her good will jacket is clean and its NOT written on her forehead!!! please :) Id be so happy for someone to pass on used clothes to my kid, NOT ashamed.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No way unless it from my bf son and then it ok. Its a mind thing i just cant do it.
    ambcam

Answer by ambcam at 1:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• its was hard for me when my baby was younger and i was more of a germ freak, but if it was from my sis in law it was ok. Now that my son is alittle older i dont minded it as much still a germ freak so if i did get something used i would have to wash it well, also i get alot of his clothes from walmart which is like $3 a piece which isnt bad.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my daughters clothes all came from their cousin..and my mom finds the cutest things at consignment stores. they're all in good shape. i dont have the option to go always buy new clothes for my kids.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh yeah!!!! I just 5 HUGE bags stuffed FULL of baby clothes!!!! I went through them and threw out the ones that I wouldn't let DS wear (stains, torn) and kept the ones he can fit into now and will grow into. I also kept the unisex ones for the next baby. But gave the rest to the pregnancy center my mother and I started. As I do with all of the clothes that are still wearable when we are done with them. I have VERY high standards for hand me downs and always wash them, but I always take them, and find some way to use them (i.e. it a sleep is so stained that it can't be used, I have cut it to make cleaning rags with)
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2009