son still give my boobies that "look" lol

Okay he's been off the boobie for about a good month now...and I am dried up I tried to express and there was NOTHING but he always asks "mum, more?" I pull my shirt down and he looks at them and gets all bashful and gets that look like he wants more but its gone. I tried to offer him some, but he refuses so what is going on? I cuddle him and keep him close I even tried letting him cuddle me with no shirt to get boobie comfort...he seems confused how do I help him? (15 months)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ugh. That's too weird. I don't think you should be posting that kind of stuff on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• why is that weird? Just another catty woman Im taking it?
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Not really catty, I just find that slightly offensive. The kid is 15 mos old... you are done breastfeeding, so let it be. If you start cuddling the child with no shirt on, of course that is weird and confusing to him. I don't think it's right. I think it sounds weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Ok great thanks for not bein catty. I wasnt trying to be weird. That's like saying I taking a bath or shower with him is weird...he is still a baby not like he understands body parts are private yet. I thought he was looking for the comfort that nuring gave him so I tried letting him do "kangaroo love" thats what the hospital called it I had to do that when he was preemee
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It's not wierd at all, so ignore rude people who cant grow up to understand what a mother's nurturing love really is. Children are meant to nurse for 3+ years, so cuddling skin to skin with a 15 month old to give them comfort is JUST FINE, and normal. I sleep shirtless with my eleven month old because she's comfortable up against my skin and it's easiest to nurse that way, I also shower with her because I cant do anything else with her when I need to shower.

OP, I dont really know what to tell you to give your son for comfort. If I were you, I'd have tried the skin to skin thing too, and if that doesnt do it for him, I'd probably just cuddle, read a book, take a bath together, or let him sleep next to me. Something along those lines. Good job nursing for so long, your NOT wierd, seriously, i'm so annoyed right now with mom's who dont understand attachment parenting.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Thank you so much Kate. :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• of course! :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Congrats on nursing so long and the pp was wrong. There's nothing wrong with it. It took my son a while to get over it too but I just held him a lot and found other ways to comfort and bond with him. I did the shirtless thing and I also let him sleep with me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 2:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I find that soo weird that you let him cuddle with your breast. They are supposed to be used to breastfeeding only. Not for pleasure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• mines 18 months old and still breastfeeds, he proli looks at your boob as comfort b/c its always something he had and it got him to sleep. you shouldn't cuddle him with your boob out, then he'll want you to do it all the time, once you stop breastfeeding thats it, no more of anything of him should have anything to do with your boobs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009