What would a 3 hour long drive travel be like with a 6 month old in the middle of the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Time it right for his/her nap. We took my son everywhere at six months. To the ocean, zoos out of town like SD zoo. He slept most of the way and when he was awake we had grandma in the back whom he loved entertaining him.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• play the license plate game. Write down each state that you see in a license plate. I play the ABC game, find things that start with each letter going from A-z. My son loved these as a young child
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:16 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• LOL i thought you said 6 year old, never mind :-)
    ronjwake

• I bet anything your baby would fall asleep. Im sure you'd be fine. Feed your baby before you go, and prob it would go great!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I thought she said 6 yr old too until i clicked on it.. lol I was gonna say "does your kid have a ds to play. haha guess not@ 6 months.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• With mine...it would have been quiet except for the sounds of the road and the music from the radio/cd player. They would have slept the majority of the time.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It depends on the baby. Our first loved his carseat and did great on trips. Even if he wasn't sleeping he was still smiling and happy. Our second doesn't like being in the car as much as his brother did so a trip like that with him would require more stops to get out and stretch. If your baby likes car rides then he will be fine...if he doesn't then just plan for more stops. I agree with planning around nap time and make sure he has eaten so he won't wake up mad and hungry 1/2 way there. Good Luck.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 10:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2009