Please Help, My daughter will not stay asleep, Please!

My little girl is 7 mo old. She falls asleep fine, every night, no problem. We DO have a routine, she IS on a pretty regular scedule during the day, she IS in her own room and crib,and I have tried everything. I feed her lots of food at night about 30 min. before bed time, she doesn't nap for a really long time during the day, I've tried to let her cry, I've tried to give her just water, I've tried to give her less amounts in her mid-night feedings and like whine her off, I've tried throwing about 6 passys in her crib for her to find. I swear she is going backwards! She was sleeping, then up about 2 nights, then 4, now every night! Please I don't know what to do, I am going crazy! I know she is tierd, is sleep-eats her mid-night feedings, yes feedingS she is up 2 times a night now. It's like she is a newborn! Help!

simsFL

Asked by simsFL at 1:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She could be teething and its waking her up. My son just started sleeping through the whole night about a month and a half and he is almost a year. i tryed everything and he still would wake up 2 times a night. babies sleeping patterns change often. never know.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Congratulations, you have a normal baby.

They don't maintain sleep patterns. All kids of things can throw them. Change in the weather, time changes, new foods (by the way, try NOT feeding lots of solids before bed...that can raise blood sugars and then when the levels plunge in the middle of the night baby wakes), teething, too hot, too cold, on and on and on.

It may be cold comfort, but you'd be unusual if this WASN'T happening! Keep up your routines. Things will settle.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I've noticed that if my 8 MO doesn't get enough naps during the day, he sleeps like crap that night. He takes a 2 hr morning nap and a 2-3 hour afternoon nap, then goes to bed at 8 until 6, usually getting up twice to eat (he's not a fan of spoon feeding, so he's mostly still bottle feeding). Also, when he's done with his night bottles, I sneak a pacifier into his mouth when I take out the bottle. It keeps him from waking up when I lay him down.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I agree that giving her "lots" of food right before bed might be contributing to the problem. Sure she has a full belly, but then if she's in the lighter part of the sleep cycle she will wake up starving because it's all digested and didn't provide her enough calories to get through the night. It doesn't matter how much food anyone eats through the day, it's a calorie thing.

So if she is waking and taking a feeding, then she needs it...but you've given water instead or cut back on what you did offer...she's still hungry.

Try more calories throughout the day.

Is she teething? Some kids get fussy and can't sleep well when teething, I've heard. Have you tried some Tylenol or teething tablets? (if you put your finger on her gums and she starts gnawing on your finger...she's teething)

Is she too hot?

Is she too cold? Does she have a cold?

Is she just uncomfortable?

Growth spurt?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Mine has started doing the same thing latley . She is almost 9 months though. And i honestly believe it is due to teething. She already had two teeth broke through and this mornign i noticed, 2 more. I had noticed a couple of days ago a white spot on her gum and thought a nother tooth was scoming through. And last night she had a bad night. She woke up every hour or two. And this morngin i felt and felt four teeth. I figured that was our problem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2009