how do i get my 2 kids that are 2 and 3 off the pacifier? an dhow do i potty trian them?

MoMaLiSa88

Asked by MoMaLiSa88 at 1:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• To potty train them you should try singing potty time songs.. ones you make up or whatever. Also take them to the potty with you children learn by example. I did that with my daughter. She's only 1 but she tells me when she has to pee or poo. Good Luck!!
    Mami-Talez

Answer by Mami-Talez at 3:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My kids have never had pacifiers...so I don't know about that. As far as potty training...I took the laid back approach and my daughter (3) trained herself. I just waited until she was ready...and yeah there were a lot of accidents but she's doing great now. My best advice to just to find what you are comfortable doing...I'm not super strict so I could never do all the other stuff parents do when potty training...I just let it happen nautrally...lol.
    fpraglowski

Answer by fpraglowski at 9:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Sit them down and tell them about the pacifier fairy. Since they are big kids now, the fairy comes and takes away their pacifiers and leaves them a present. She takes the pacifiers and delivers them to new babies that need them. They may want their pacifiers the next morning but remind them that she took them and gave them to babies and help them play with their new toys to distract their minds. May plan an eventful day as well to help keep them distracted. Maybe their presents could be new night time toys/stuffed animals/nightlights to help them go to sleep if that's when they needed their pacifiers. Get them excited about potty training, pump them up. Get stickers or a special treat that they would normally not get to eat like a little piece of chocolate goodness. Get them each their own potty, you can let them pick it out if you want. Then take them with you and your husband to go to the bathroom (which I'm sure you already
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Cont.
    do). Start asking them do you need to go pee-pee on the potty? DO you need to go poo-poo on the potty? I always would tell my son that he had either a poopy or just a pee-pee diaper when I would change it. I would catch him pooping and ask him if he needed to go on the potty and take him there. Sit them down on the potty every 30 min. and ask them if they need to go pee-pee or poo-poo? You have to wait a little while some times. You just have to try any and everything sometimes and then make a huge deal when they do go. Sing and dance and they will want to go on the potty. Most of all be patient and don't let your self get stressed out about how quickly it's happening. It's suppose to be fun;)
    Anonymous