toddler bed

is a 4 year old too old for a toddler bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How big is the child? I feel that if they can still physically fit in the bed and they are not begging for a bigger bed that they should be okay. However if they are starting to run out of room- it may be time for a bigger bed.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Depends on how much they weigh. There's usually a 50lb weight limit.

How tall? My 4 year old would have been cramped in one.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If they still fit in a toddler bed then I don't see a problem. My oldest used hers until she was 6. She still had room to grow (she was only 34lbs and 42"). My middle daughter was still using hers at 4. At that time we got them new beds only because both toddler beds were starting to fall apart from years of abuse.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It depends in how your child sleeps on it. It there is plenty room for him to still use it safely, I see no problem waiting a little longer to get a bigger bed but if your gut instinct tells you that your child is not getting his rest due to lack of room in his toddler's bed, then I would go and make th expense. THink about it like this, if it isn't broken, then don't fix it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i wanna say yes- only because my daughter looks cramped in hers and i'm dying to get her a twin size
    luvmybabies1412

Answer by luvmybabies1412 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If you are planning on buying one, I would say don't waste the money, just buy a twin.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 8:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• mine just turn 5 and she still fits good and she loves it
    R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009