Do you put off chores to the point where now it's just an eyesore that you ignore?

I have been getting my laundry out of the basket and off of a chair I have in the L/R as I need it. I no longer put my laundry away. I am divorced and my sons clothes are put away because he is not as "talented" as I am in finding clothes. What have you put off to the point of embarrassment?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm with lapcounter. My house is CLEAN. Its just falling apart lol My house is 160 years old and in dire need of repair!!!!! Unfortunately, I do not know how to fix things myself (i.e. need new ceiling in living room and bathroom, new kitchen sink/faucet installed, etc) and can't afford to get them done!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I do the same thing, in my room there is a huge pile of laundry just needing to be done but we are in the processes of moving so I really haven't had the time to do anything anyhow
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Dishes omgawd there were so bad the other day(stacked high in the sink looked as if I was living in a frat house I know terrible).....I mean laundry I've been pretty good with seeing that I opted out of wearing maternity clothes so I have to keep the big tee's I wear clean...plus at almost 39 weeks....I don't feel like cleaning at all (sad I know)LOL!!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Our porch is a huge mess right now- we live in a 100+ year old house w/ barely any storage, so you can guess where all the random crap ends up. We just got a ton of plastic bins and tubs today (for free!!) so I'm finally going to be able to organize, but it's going to take a while. I sell baby/kids clothes online, so I have tons of boxes out there that need to be condensed and out of the middle of the walkway. We'll finally have our porch back!  =)

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I put off dusting....I am terrible with keeping up with that chore because I hate it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No I cannot stand clutter so I do not care how much I do not want to do it I know what it will look like if I don't so I make myself put stuff away. I also pick up the house everyday so it does not get so bad.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I work full time, have 3 mo old twins, and never a free weekend it seems! My bathrooms are horrible right now! I would not even want my mom to come clean them I'd be so embarassed! My husband goes back to his regular schedule next week, so I think I'm going to start getting up when he leaves a couple of days a week and clean those things that I just don't have time to do between getting home and going to bed!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Laundry......I am so ashamed....lol well yes and no. Its hard to get to a good spot when doing laundry after letting it go for a while. Our dryer takes 2-3 cycles before everything is dry so several days in a row of laundry is a horrendous chore after a while. I force myself to soldier through it.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Nope. I'm a total neat freak so I never let things go.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009