So, will I still bleed?

I know you bleed after you give birth, but what about with a C-Section? Should I bring pads with me to the hospital? Yeah, I posted in just for fun instead of pregnancy..what of it! haha

twinmommy2009

Asked by twinmommy2009 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes you will my daughter was born feb 17 by c section. i didnt bring pads, the hospital will supply them for you, but you will bleed still.i just stopped bleeding 6 weeks after she was born... and its still 6 weeks befor eyou can have sex, take a bath, swim, use a tampon etc.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm would pack pads for sure =]
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• whoa sorry lol i dont know why it did that...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes you will, I have had two c sections, and bled with both of them. My last one I actually bled for almost 9 weeks after I gave birth, just make sure you bring some pads and comfy pants to wear because you will be sore

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yeah you will lots actually. The reason being is because your body is flushing out all the icky stuff from your baby. Just like a period. Bring lots of good overnight heavy ones lol..the hospital ones are like diapers I swear!! oh and some nice baggy sweat pants and some granny panties too!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Ditto to the first answer.
    It is true that your uterus will still need to shed and cleanse itself for up to 6 weeks on average after a c-section, but the hospital will provide for all your personal care needs. In fact, you won't even need underpants because they provide a mesh type of panty that not only holds the pad on, but is also easy on your incision site.
    I wish you all the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes you will bleed after c-section and it's a good question because I had an emergency c-section and the next morning I was still groggy the nurse came in and said she was there to change my pad, I told her I had a c-section and didn't need a pad, she explained that I not only had a pad on the regular way, but also one taped across the incision in my abdomen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes but I did not bleed nearly as bad as I did delivering vaginally.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009