10 Month old eating exclusivly solids...good/bad?

My girly is 10mnths 2day, she is eating complete solids, such as cinnamon bread& apple pieces for breakfast, chicken bites or mac&cheese for lunch, mashed potatoes and whatever meat and all vegetables. she only has 3 teeth (bottom front, 1top,maybe2 after 2night i hope) i cut these most of the foods up, except the bread and pasta, she will not eat anything even close to smashed (except potatoes), only in pieces although i watch her very close, it still worries me, but thats all shell eat, she is nursing, but only eats milk 3 times a day maybe and for like 3min... what do other moms think of this? good bad any tips she is walking and drinks from a cup most of time, never took a bottle, and only has a sippy cup when playing...less mess.

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 4:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like she's ahead of her age and doing well. As long as she isn't choking and can eat safely I wouldnt worry to much. Shes getting liquids from her sippy. Try introducing those fruit cups with chopped fruit, dole ones are great, she'll get liquid from the fruit and lots of vitamins. Gerber also makes chopped veggies/fruits. My dd was eating early like that too, bottle was gone 8 mos. Just make sure you start brushing her teeth well with the baby tooth and gum cleanser so the sugars dont start to rot her teeth. Keep an eye on her weight, as long as she is thriving I wouldnt be so worried. Start weaning off breastfeeding soon and mama gets a break.
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 4:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I agree sounds like she is doing wonderfully! She is getting the best of both worlds which I mean you and the grown up foods. Just continue cuttin everything up in tiny pieces but be sure you know how to do infant cpr because the day will come where she will get something lodged and needs alittle help my son has done this a few hundred times and thanks to infant Heimlich he's fine. Let her try a whole apple...pile it and take both ends of stems off. My son loves to eat apples and they are great cause it being round they can only bit what they can chew!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you're doing what you can to ensure a balanced diet.

My boys were each on all table foods by 9 months, though, so I might be a bit biased. Our pediatrician didn't have a problem with it....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my daughter was eating solids at 7 months every child is differnt if that is what she wants and is doing well with you than go you.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Sounds right on track to me, my DD was eating solids exclusively by 9 months.....though you might want to check into the Cinnamon, my Ped recommends not exposing her to that until closer to 2 years old.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Sounds like she is doing great. As long as she isn't having any trouble, keep feeding her like you are. My son was 8 months old and eating all solid foods. Every child is different and develops differently, keep doing what you think is right for your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Sounds like she is doing fine. As long as you are making sure her food is cut up, you should be fine. Good for you momma!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes it sounds to me like she is doing fine, just make sure you are giving her breast milk or formula in her sippy cup so she is getting what she needs from it. She still needs up to 32 ounces of formula/Breast milk daily. Also don't give her any citrus fruits til she is at least one. But sounds like you are doing a great job!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2009