New Parent and Needing some Advice..

I'm about to have a baby within the week and I was wondering how it's like to have the baby come home, finally. I feel excited about it but freaked out at the sametime. I have everything ready but I'm scared I'm going to hurt the baby, or do something wrong to it. How long does this usually last for ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh the joy and nerves just before baby comes.. once you hold your baby you usually feel like you can do anything. The nerves and fears are normal but u wont break ur baby. Before you know it you'll be holding the baby in one arm, flipping eggs with the other, or holding baby like a football and doing other chores lol. It'll come to u quickly, just relax and enjoy the amazing feelings of the baby moving and kicking, bouncing on ur bladder, planning for birth, and getting all the finishing touches on the nursery. Go natural if you can it rocks like nothing else!
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 8:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You will be perfectly fine hun and congrats on the new upcoming joy. I suggest keeping some close family and friends near your side for emotional support...hubby wont get the full idea cause he will be in the new baby cloud too. It's emotional trying to adjust but it takes about a month...took me a few months because I got post partum..my son was preemee so it was a lot harder to emotional deal with things cause he was in the nicu for a week.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If you will message me I will give you my phone number, sometimes it helps just to have someone to talk to or cry at. But I am sure you will be just fine. All new moms are nervous. :)
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You will be suprised how you react after you have the baby. In my experience, and talking to other moms, you become this 'super-person' so to speak. It is true that your mothering instinct kicks in.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2009