what is tanning like?

i've never been to one of these tanning places, but after years of feeling gross every summer due to my ghostly skin, i am thinkin this year is the year to start. what's it like? the whole idea seems weird to me lol.

cali5286

Asked by cali5286 at 5:29 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• never been either and wont go because its not good for you or your skin at all. I would do the research first on it. white is healthy and natural lol...purity is beautiful sometimes
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I went a couple times when I was young and thought nothing bad could come from it. It is weird because you lay down in this thing as naked as you want to be, you'll get really hot and sweaty and where ever your skin touches the box you will probably burn. I would suggest a spray on instead I've never done one but it's much better for you then tanning just look and ask around for a good place so you won't come out looking orange

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have gone tanning and it's relaxing for me. You can listen to your ipod and go in for the max 20 minutes or as less as you like. There are different stages or levels depending on the tan you want to get and sometimes there are special deals. I use to go to Ultimate Tanning, but I'm pregnant now so I had to put my membership on hold. They sell tanning lotions there too and it also help with the tan, you don't want to not use any lotions because that can burn your skin. If your afraid of lying down they also have one where you can stand in. It might look a little scary at first but that's how I was after going a few times I don't mind it. You can also put your membership on hold!
    crystalina213

Answer by crystalina213 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I love tanning. I don't do it much and stay pasty all through the winter but as the spring months quickly turn to summer, I go a couple times a week to get my base tan. We spend almost every day at the beach in the summer so I get dark that way. If I need to get rid of tan lines however I hit up the booth. I don't like the lay down ones just the stand up ones, it's a much more even tan and it's 10 times faster. I don't have 20 min to waste in a bed.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• BAD FOR YOUR SKIN
    klkstpeter

Answer by klkstpeter at 2:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I actually started going a couple weeks ago and i never knew what it was like. but its very relaxing, the first time u want to go for 6-8 minutes (u dont want to burn so u have to build up) so the next time go for 10-12 minutes and so forth and also start off at a medium bed. Always make sure ur skin well hydrated (lotion after u tan) u'll tan faster. yea tanning bad for u but it is ur choice after all. there are also apray on tanning but that only lasts for a week. anyways good luck
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 2:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i could talk 2 u alot more about this if u add me and ask me.if u dont feel like it i understand
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 9:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I went 3 times in highschool. It's basically a hot and sweaty coffin that you pay to lay in. Just purchase skin darkening lotions. Soooo much better for you.
    Anonymous

• yah ive tried those, but even the darkest ones and the lightest ones come out making me orange lol
    cali5286

Answer by cali5286 at 3:53 AM on Apr. 4, 2009