• In the Spotlight:

ughhhhhhhhhhh! heart burn!

it's 6 am and I've been up since 4 am with killer heartburn!!can't sleep any suggestions.
I've tried countless glasses of milk and Rolaids, nothing :(

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try using pillows and stuff to prop yourself up to an almost-sitting position... that's what I had to do with my last pregnancy... milk usually worked for me though. :/
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• try tums instead.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had acid reflux prior to pregnancy I was taking prescriptions meds for it. My OB knew this so he told me I could take Zantac. I asked around and other moms to be took it while they was pregnant. But if you didn't have any problems before then I would ask your OB before taking it ok.
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• The best thing I took when pg was papaya, it is a natural heartburn cure. And milk is the last thing you need to drink when it happens. It only makes more phlegm when you drink it. Saltine crackers, an ice cold beverage and popsickles always helped me. I always went for natural cures rather than medication. And when you find the one thing that helps, remember it so you can keep stocked up. Also, hot tea with only sugar. Good luck and God Bless.
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2009

• supposedly drinking a bit of vinegar helps. I've never tried it though
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009